Thought we'd keep you in touch with all things hockey, over the summer.
- Congratulations to the 10 boys who have recently completed training at the club to become Hockey Young Leaders;
- There's plenty of hockey at the Olympics with 24 teams competing for the 2 gold medals. First matches are on Sunday 29/07 for Women's preliminaries and Mon 30/07 for Men's. I gather there are still some tickets available for various matches;
- Back at Ben Rhydding we are running 2 hockey taster sessions for Colts - boys and girls - before the start of the season. Do encourage your children to come with a friend on Wed Aug 29th and /or Fri Aug 31st, from 6-7.30pm at the club. Just turn up on the night;
- the new season's training times and dates are as follows:
- Under 10s Fridays 5-6pm with Robert Jackson & Janet Raw, starting 07/09/12
- Under 12s Fridays 6-7.15pm with Butch Terry & Linda Burton, starting 07/09/12
- Under 14s Friday 7.15-8.30pm with Katie Priestley & Ian Cussons. starting 07/09/12
- Under 16s Wednesdays 8.30-10pm with John Dowley & Jono McMillan (note change of day), start date tbc
- Under 18s Thursdays, time tbc, with Demy Dowley & Will Musgrave, starting 06/09/12
- Goalkeepers, Friday 7.15-8.30pm with Butch Terry starting 07/09/12
The changes in training times i.e. longer slots for all except Under 10s, and the move to Wednesday for U16s and to Thursday for U18s are for a couple of reasons: It was felt that most Colts would benefit from a slightly longer training session. This has been enabled with the midweek move for U16s & U18s. The U16s will now be able to train alongside the Men's teams on Wednesdays, which it is hoped will encourage their integration into playing for the Men's teams on a regular basis if they wish. The Under 18s session will be an 'Academy' which it is hoped will provide transition into the senior sides as well as pushing those boys towards the 1st/2nd team squads. Some of the finer points still need confirming, however we felt it important to notify you of the changes in day/time of training as soon as possible.
A newsletter and membership form will be emailed to you towards the end of August.
Have a lovely summer and I hope you find some sun!
Added by H LORIMER on 2012-07-26 22:58:40