Ben Rhydding Hockey Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare for others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they have with initially their Coach or Demy Dowley for boys, Morag Wilkinson/Ann Wood for girls or Hilary Musgrave as Child Welfare Officer. As Parents and Guardians of junior members we value your support and ask you to work with us to provide a safe environment where each child can have fun playing hockey to their best ability. Please read and follow this code of conduct to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Help your child to respect the rules of the game, the officials & their decisions.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes, always praise positive efforts.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport .Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
- Aim to ensure that your child is prompt for training sessions and matches and inform their coach or manager if you know they are going to be late.
- Ensure your child is properly prepared for warming up, training and matches. This includes checking and re-checking correct clothing, wearing of gum-shields, shinpads, sticks etc. Please ensure all jewellery or piercings are removed.
- Please let the coach know immediately of a change in contact details or medical requirements.
- Please pay any fees promptly
Safety in & around the Clubhouse & Grounds
- Juniors should be collected from within the fenced area of the Astroturf pitch.
- The Area behind the pitch by the river bank is strictly OUT OF BOUNDS to everybody
- Please ensure that your children are adequately supervised in the club house and grounds.
- The training and match programme are aimed at developing a colt over an entire season; therefore regular attendance is essential once enrolled. We ask all players to remember that they are playing for BRHC and that their behaviour on and off the field, when at the club or representing the club should be of the highest standard.
If for any reason colts step outside the guidelines the following procedures take place:
- In the first place the Coach or Team Manager should tackle any issues arising with the player concerned and pass on any concerns to the Head Coach.
- If disruption or disregard for the Junior Club rules continues whilst representing the club, the Coach or Manager will discuss the issue with the parents/guardian.
- If the issue or behaviour can not be resolved by a) and b) the Colts committee will have the final say on what course of action is to be taken.
Note: If for any reason a child decides to stop attending coaching, please let us know as others may be on awaiting list. Also if you have any concerns or complaints, or would like to offer help to the Colts sections, please contact a member of the committee.