Ben Rhydding Community Benefit Society
Ben Rhydding Community Benefit Society (BRCBS and operating as Ben Rhydding Sports Club, Ben Rhydding Hockey Club, Ben Rhydding Cricket Club, Ben Rhydding Bowls Club, Ben Rhydding Croquet Club and Ben Rhydding Tennis Club) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, BRCBS is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we not required to do so, but our Data Protection Lead has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, gender and names of clubs you have previously been registered with. We may also ask for relevant ethnicity and health information data.
This may also include:
- any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipecard and key fob records;
- use of and movements through our online portal, passwords, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your data is to be able to administer your membership and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club team captains and managers to enter competitions and friendly events; and
- sharing personal data with leagues and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- club newsletter promoting club activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Special Category Data
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose(s) of passing health data to coaches and team managers to allow the safe running of training sessions and competitions. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. such as any non-member participant who fills in a health disclaimer or form at a taster event). This information will be stored for 4 weeks after an event and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The club has the following social media pages (including Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and Instagram). All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Any party approved by you.
- To any governing bodies or regional bodies for the sports covered by our club: to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional and national level.
- Other service providers: for example, payment processors, CCTV contractors, contractors or suppliers and IT services (including CRM, website, video- and teleconference services);
How long we hold your personal data
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long-term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of 6 years after your last contact with us or the end of your membership. Exceptions to this rule are:
- CCTV records which are held for no more than [30 days] unless we need to preserve the records for the purpose of prevention and detection of crime;
- Details regarding unsuccessful membership applicants where we hold records for a period of not more than  months;
- Information that may be relevant to personal injury or discrimination claims may be retained until the limitation period for those types of claims has expired. For personal injury or discrimination claims this can be an extended period as the limitation period might not start to run until a long time after the event.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address. You may be able to update some of the personal information we hold about you through the relevant membership secretary. Alternatively, you can contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Hugh Lorimer, Ben Rhydding Community Benefit Society, Ben Rhydding Sports Club, Coutances Way, Ilkley, West Yorks, LS28 8AW
May 25th 2018