Ben Rhydding welcome Belper Ladies to Coutances Way this Saturday
Ben Rhydding welcome University of Nottingham Ladies (1.30pm) and Newcastle University Men (3pm) for a double header this Saturday at Coutances Way.
Ben Rhydding welcome Olton & West Warwicks Ladies (1.30pm) and Durham University Men (3pm) for a double header this Saturday at Coutances Way.
The AGM of the Sports Club (which oversees all sections) will take place on July 15th at 7.30pm. Venue to be confirmed but hopefully at the Club.
2) Apologies for absence
3) Minutes of AGM held 8th October 2020
4) President’s Address
5) Treasurer’s Report
6) Bar Report
7) BRSC Ltd Report
8) BRCBS Report
9) House & Maintenance Report
10) Health & Safety Report
11) Ground Report
12) Sponsorship Report
13) Section Reports (max 5 mins per section)
14) Election of Officers 2021-22
a) Hon. President
b) Hon. Treasurer
c) Hon. Secretary
15) Any Other Business/Questions
Ben Rhydding Hockey Club
Annual General Meeting, Agenda
Wednesday 30th June 2021, from 7:30pm, BRHC
In the year of the Covid pandemic
- The year in review by President Jon Till
- Treasurer’s Report by Stephen Small
- Sub Committee Reports
- 1st team
- 2nd team
- 3rd team
- 4th team
- 5th team
- Dev 1 & 2
- Sports Club
- Approach for 2020/21 season awards
- Adoption of committee’s nominations
- Election of Officers for 2020/21 season
Ben Rhydding Ladies Hockey Club are looking for an experienced coach to lead our Ladies 2nd team coaching and development. Our Ladies 2s are currently in East Pennine Division One, the squad is a fun team of experienced players and exciting younger players. The coach will work closely with the coaching team for our Ladies 1st team who play in the England Hockey National League, as we aim to have great communication and team ethos between the two squads.
Role: Ben Rhydding Hockey Club Ladies Second Team Coach
Hours: Initial 1 season agreement (From Aug 2021-Apr 2022), with a view to extend if both parties agree. In consultation with the post holder it is possible that the start date may change to suit the applicant.
Employment Type: Self-employed (Post holder must be eligible to work in the UK and be responsible for submitting their own Tax return in line with self-employed UK work status).
Rate: We offer competitive remuneration, based upon qualifications and experience
- To lead the coaching of the Ladies 2nd team hockey team at BRHC
- To ensure all players are challenged and provided with opportunities for improvement/development
- To provide an outstanding player experience enabling all players to maximise their potential.
- Expected to travel with the team home and away to all Saturday league fixtures
- Assist with the weekly selection, providing knowledge and insight into individual players, when required
- Deliver high quality training sessions to the team to ensure more than adequate preparation is received for games
- To plan and coach two, 1.5hr training sessions a week
- Give post-match feedback to both the team as a whole and individual players where possible/necessary
- Work closely with L1s coach to ensure any possible progression of players
- Bring innovative ideas and high levels of energy to training sessions
- Ensure that the highest achieving adult and junior players are given access to further development.
- Always punctual and reliable
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead a group of varying ages
- Good communication skills and tactical knowledge
- Ability to enthuse and motivate the team
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent people skills and to be approachable
- Be interested in the development of each player on the team
- Understand how to get the best out of each player
- Willingness to adapt, learn and take onboard feedback
- Work well as part of a team
- Happy to get involved in all aspects of the club, juniors (if required), 3/4/5s and socials
- Minimum of Level 2 (equivalent) coaching qualification or willingness to work towards an appropriate qualification (desirable).
- First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course
- DBS certified or able to apply for a DBS (required)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
If you would like to discuss the opportunity or apply, send a covering letter and your coaching CV to Jodie Bridger, Vice President – email@example.com
BRHC are taking the first steps to return to hockey, in the interest of safety for all this will not be a blanket re-opening of the facility but a controlled and phased opening based on guidelines from the UK Government, England Hockey, (our National Governing Body) and Ben Rhydding Sports Club Limited.
Congratulations to the Ladies 3s and the Mens 4s on gaining promotion this season
Following updated advice from the Government and England Hockey, we are now able to update our own internal advice and begin to open the pitches up for coaching. This will be available only to members and will be organised with club coaches. Further details will be available shortly in another Post.
All sections of the club are now open in one way or another but it is important to note that the clubhouse is not open and no-one should attempt to enter the clubhouse.
Members who wish to use the grounds for Running & Training are now able to do so. This does not cover the astro-turf pitches for which separate guidelines will be provided. It is essential that any members wishing to run/train must follow the same guidelines as other Sports when using the grounds, namely:
- Running/Training on the grounds at BRSC is for Members only
- When using the car park park a safe distance from other cars
- The Clubhouse will not be open, so there will be NO toilet facilities available
- Small groups not larger than 6 people
- Social distancing should be observed at all times
- Please bring your own drink/food and take them away with you, including any rubbish!
The various leagues are planning fixtures in the hope of starting next season on time but with various backup plans to cater for a later start. These may include a later finish to next season – so bear this in mind when planning your early summer holidays in 2021
As we become aware of further updates and guidance we will update this page.
Leap Year Ball – Saturday 29th February 2020
Tickets are £45 per person, 3 course meal, disco and also live band. Tables of 10 are being encouraged so please support this venture. To make it work, and raise much needed funds we need to sell a minimum of 150 tickets – this is only 15 tables!!
Contact Janet Raw (firstname.lastname@example.org – 07961 966952) to reserve your table or place.