Ben Rhydding Ladies Hockey Club are looking for an experienced coach to lead our Ladies 2nd team coaching and development. Our Ladies 2s are currently in East Pennine Division One, the squad is a fun team of experienced players and exciting younger players. The coach will work closely with the coaching team for our Ladies 1st team who play in the England Hockey National League, as we aim to have great communication and team ethos between the two squads.
Role: Ben Rhydding Hockey Club Ladies Second Team Coach
Hours: Initial 1 season agreement (From Aug 2021-Apr 2022), with a view to extend if both parties agree. In consultation with the post holder it is possible that the start date may change to suit the applicant.
Employment Type: Self-employed (Post holder must be eligible to work in the UK and be responsible for submitting their own Tax return in line with self-employed UK work status).
Rate: We offer competitive remuneration, based upon qualifications and experience
- To lead the coaching of the Ladies 2nd team hockey team at BRHC
- To ensure all players are challenged and provided with opportunities for improvement/development
- To provide an outstanding player experience enabling all players to maximise their potential.
- Expected to travel with the team home and away to all Saturday league fixtures
- Assist with the weekly selection, providing knowledge and insight into individual players, when required
- Deliver high quality training sessions to the team to ensure more than adequate preparation is received for games
- To plan and coach two, 1.5hr training sessions a week
- Give post-match feedback to both the team as a whole and individual players where possible/necessary
- Work closely with L1s coach to ensure any possible progression of players
- Bring innovative ideas and high levels of energy to training sessions
- Ensure that the highest achieving adult and junior players are given access to further development.
- Always punctual and reliable
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead a group of varying ages
- Good communication skills and tactical knowledge
- Ability to enthuse and motivate the team
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent people skills and to be approachable
- Be interested in the development of each player on the team
- Understand how to get the best out of each player
- Willingness to adapt, learn and take onboard feedback
- Work well as part of a team
- Happy to get involved in all aspects of the club, juniors (if required), 3/4/5s and socials
- Minimum of Level 2 (equivalent) coaching qualification or willingness to work towards an appropriate qualification (desirable).
- First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course
- DBS certified or able to apply for a DBS (required)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
If you would like to discuss the opportunity or apply, send a covering letter and your coaching CV to Jodie Bridger, Vice President – email@example.com